Some projects do not require knocking out walls but simply replacing and updating materials. After removing the old fashioned materials, the construction team installed new and modern elements for this kitchen makeover.
- New glass backsplash with both matte and gloss glass gives this surface a fresh clean look and adds just a hint of color.
- The beautiful granite countertops add all the drama that this dated kitchen needed. The granite’s natural curves and colors of dark brown, greys and gold create the perfect color palette in which to build from. The granite edge work is also unique as we choose a small thickness on the outer walls and a much thicker center island edge.
- New stainless steel Thermador Appliances modernize and make the kitchen more functional.
- The sink was replaced with a granite composite sink in a dark truffle color.
- The cabinet hardware is more sleek and modern.
- The greatest change was to lower the island countertop height which dramatically opened up the room and gives the appearance of more space.
- The client’s collection of modern white vases and bowls add a contemporary touch.
Terms, styles and materials used in this project – glass tile, granite countertops, kitchen, reface, Atlanta, makeover
Photography by Scott Sandler